Go ahead and try it, but I can’t make any promises. This was not a big hit in our house, although most likely my attitude was the problem. Please, send your success stories my way!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Grated cheese, cheddar or Parmesan
- Divide a head of cauliflower into florets that are all roughly the same size.
- Steam cauliflower pieces over boiling water (15 to 20 minutes), or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and toss it in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- When the cauliflower has cooled, put the florets in a food processor along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Puree the cauliflower on high speed until smooth, but with some very small pieces of cauliflower remaining in the mix for just a bit of texture.
- Pour all of the pureed cauliflower into a medium sauce pan.
- Add the cream, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the cauliflower and stir.
- Set the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thick.