Agreement and Expectations
- Conversations between the student and the writing coach, as well as essay drafts, will remain confidential.
- The length of time required for completing an essay varies based on many factors, including student motivation, time available to complete assignments, and application deadlines. On average, students request approximately 4 – 6 sessions to complete their personal statement.
- Parents may have thoughts regarding topic, but it is expected that the entire essay, from the overriding concept, to the ideas and interpretation, and the writing, belong solely to the student. It is vital that the student’s voice rings true.
- Scheduled sessions are approximately 1 hour, give or take 5-10 minutes on other side depending on student needs.
- I am happy to address parental questions and concerns. Although my schedule does not typically allow for unscheduled calls, appointments can be made. Longer conversations will be scheduled, prorated and invoiced in 15 minute increments.
- Invoices are due upon receipt.
- Once a session has been scheduled, communications will be between the student and the writing coach, typically via text messages or emails. By request, the parent/guardian may choose to manage scheduling of sessions.
- If a session needs to be rescheduled for any reason, I request notification 24 hours in advance in order to avoid being charged for the session.